I'm feeling a little nostalgic today blog, so I've decided to take a look into history. So let’s see on January 15th....
January 15, 1535- Henry VIII declares himself head of English Church
January 15, 1780- Continental Congress establishes court of appeals
January 15, 1861- Steam elevator patented by Elisha Otis
January 15, 1870- Donkey 1st used as symbol of Democratic Party, in Harper's Weekly
January 15, 1895- Tchaikovsky's ballet "Swan Lake" premieres, St. Petersburg
January 15, 1943- World's largest office building, Pentagon, completed
January 15, 1949- Mao's Red army conquers Ten-tsin
January 15, 1973- President Nixon suspends all U.S. offensive action in North Vietnam
January 15, 2003- I reach the midway point of my goal to drink every day of JanPlan, pass out drunk
January 15, 2004- Cathy and I manage to get our parents to pay for us to live in a hotel in Paris, we drink the entire cocktail menu at the Aussie Bar in one night, pass out drunk
January 15, 2005- Maddy and I convince teachers that skiing is worth JanPlan credit. Watch rowdy boys plug George Forman Grill into drywall, throw knives, pass out drunk. Wake up in pain, ate too many chicken parms.
January 15, 2006- On crutches after surgery, go to the bar anyway, pass out on crutches.
January 15, 2008- Get run in stockings on the way to work, instead of working plan how to many dollar beers I will consume this evening…..
Ook… Wow looks like a lot of things happened on Jan 15th!!
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment